Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pinhole Photography of Jo Babcock

So I Found a good resource for finding professional pinhole photographers, which worked out a lot better then just starting with a google image search, because I hate to judge a book by it cover but a professional website does go a long way. I was looking at the work of Jo Babcock, his website is here, and just thought his images were really beautiful. He is working with the in-perfections of the camera to create an image that goes beyond what is represented. He also works with the idea of creating a camera the reflects a quality of something that he is photographing. I have to say that I am not really happy with the crappy coffee can pinhole camera I made, I'm better then that I feel. I need to push beyond that, but I feel stuck and can't move past. I do plan to build something else to be my camera, and I ordered 4x5 film so i guess that I am stuck with 4x5 film being a size limitation, because I really don't want to have to cut the film down. This sounds funny, but when ever I get stuck like this I look back through my old IPC note book to generate ideas, can't say anything will come out of it, but I won't know until I try. I'm going to include some images of Jo Babcock that I do like, I especially like the effect of the color film in the pinhole camera.





No comments:

Post a Comment